£20000 - £22000 per annum + plus benefits
4 months ago
Mpeople Accountancy & Finance is currently seeking an experienced Finance Assistant for a well-established and rapidly growing company in Preston. The role will operate within a small team, reporting into the Financial Controller. You will take responsibility for a range of transactional duties, demonstrating attention to detail and high levels of accuracy in a fast paced role.
The company have shown steady growth year on year and this is an exciting time to join the business who are leaders in their market.
Full time - Permanent
Salary - up to £22k
Benefits - Study support, pension, modern offices in a vibrant setting, nearby parking and excellent transport links
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing the sales and purchase ledger
- VAT Returns
- Bank reconciliations, banking and general bookkeeping
- Credit control - chasing overdue payments
- Dealing with queries internally and externally
- Assisting with preparation of Management Accounts and annual statutory accounts
- Weekly reporting on KPIs and management information
- Compliance checks.
- Strong all-round accounts experience in Sales and Purchase Ledger and Credit Control of around 3 years
- Experience using Sage 50
- AAT level 4/Accountancy Degree
- Experience within the healthcare sector would be beneficial
- Ability to demonstrate excellent IT skills especially with Microsoft Office applications.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Self-motivated, flexible, able to work on own initiative and under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills, influencing skills and sound decision-making ability.
If you would like to apply for the role, please click the link below or send your email direct to Harriett at firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively call 01254 660 279 to discuss further.
Please note that MPeople Recruitment cannot always respond to all applicants due to the high volume of CVs received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this as unsuccessful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.