Heywood, Greater Manchester
£21000 - £25000 per annum
20 days ago
Mpeople Accountancy & Finance are exclusively recruiting for an experienced, vibrant Accounts Assistant to join a progressing and growing organisation based in Rochdale. Mpeople have recruited for this key client on several occasions with fantastic candidate feedback each time. This is an excellent opportunity to join a company with a fantastic working environment and culture.
Position - Accounts Assistant
Salary - £21k-£25k per annum
Holidays - 25 Days plus bank holidays
Hours - Monday to Friday - 9am - 5pm
Free onsite parking
Please note: This vacancy will begin working remotely due to Covid 19. The role will return to working within the office as soon as it is safe to do so - living relatively local to the area will be necessary.
- Maintaining Purchase Ledger
- Processing invoices
- Processing daily payment for all supplier invoices
- Deal with any payment queries as arise / supplier queries
- Monthly payment run for suppliers
- Reconciling supplier statements chasing up missing invoices/credits
- Maintaining sales ledger
- Update & Maintain all cash books and Post Sales Ledger Cash
- Process Cash Expenses through Online banking system
- Bank reconciliations
- Maintain cash flows for all bank accounts
- Assist with Month End Closing of ledgers
- Allocate & clear Sales & Purchase ledger accounts for open items
- Invoice financing
- VAT returns
- Deal with external bodies with queries in connection with normal duties e.g auditors, government departments
- Credit control duties / reducing aged debt
- 2 years experience within a similar role
- AAT Qualification desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A positive attitude and ability to work independently.
- Strong excel skills
- Purchase ledger experience / Sales ledger experience
- Knowledge of invoice financing would be desirable
If you would like to apply for the role please click the link below or send your email direct to Sophie at firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively call 0161 622 9899 to discuss further.
Please note that MPeople recruitment can not always respond to all applicants due to the high volume of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this as not been successful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.