Denton, Greater Manchester
£18000 - £20000 per annum
22 days ago
MPeople are delighted to be working with a National Distributor to recruit an Accounts Assistant on a full time, permanent basis. The successful candidate will be joining a small and friendly Finance Team, with the purpose of assisting with the flow of the accounts function and ensuring efficient data entry across Financial Accounting systems.
What's in it for you?
- Monday - Friday hours, no weekend work!
- Free on-site car parking
- Employee discount
The duties of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Processing Supplier invoices accurately and within agreed timeframes
- Matching invoices to Purchase Orders and GRNs
- Posting invoices to Sage 50
- Management of the Purchase Ledger inbox
- Taking Credit Card payments over the telephone and posting to accounts
- Liaison with internal departments and Suppliers daily to resolve discrepancies
- Credit Control duties as required within the department
- Assistance with month end, year-end and audit
- Experience of Sage 50 and Microsoft Excel
- Knowledgeable and calm under pressure
- Results driven with the ability to tackle and resolve problems logically
- Ensures a positive Customer experience by building and maintaining relationships
- Invested in continuous improvement