£22000 - £26000 per annum + plus benefits
about 2 months ago
Mpeople Accountancy & Finance is currently seeking an experienced Finance Assistant for a well-established and rapidly growing company in Fulwood, Preston. The role will operate within a small team, reporting into the Financial Manager. You will take responsibility for a range of transactional duties including collating information for payroll, which is currently outsourced and will work with the wider accounts team of 4-5 on ad hoc duties.
The company have grown rapidly in the last 12 months and this is an exciting time to join the business.
Full time - Permanent
Salary - £22-26k
Location - Fulwood, Preston
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for collating payroll data for around 100 staff and double checking before sending the information off to payroll bureau for processing.
- Payroll queries via telephone for staff in branches
- Credit control - chasing overdue payments
- Purchase Ledger - processing invoices, assisting with supplier queries, assisting with payment run.
- Sales ledger - raising invoices, liaising with the sales team.
- Ad hoc accounts and admin duties
- Supporting the intern as necessary
- Experience in Payroll and the wider accounts function
- Experience using Sage 50 would be beneficial
- Experience within the healthcare sector would be beneficial
- Ability to demonstrate excellent IT skills especially with Microsoft Office applications.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Self-motivated, flexible, able to work on own initiative and under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills, influencing skills and sound decision-making ability.
If you would like to apply for the role, please click the link below or send your email direct to Harriett at firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively call 01254 660 279 to discuss further.
Please note that MPeople Recruitment cannot always respond to all applicants due to the high volume of CVs received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this as unsuccessful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.