£21000 - £25000 per annum + plus benefits
3 months ago
Mpeople Accountancy & Finance is currently seeking an experienced Accounts Assistant for a well-established company based in Preston.
The purpose of the role is to support the managers within finance to ensure company targets are met. You will be working on varied accounts duties within finance and liaising with various internal and external teams.
Full Time - Permanent
Salary - £21,000-£25,000
- Purchase Ledger - processing invoices using Sage ensuring they've been matched correctly, payment runs via BACS and cheque weekly, petty cash account reconciliation.
- Sales ledger - processing customer payments via cheque and BACS, withdraw PayPal funds into bank account, creating sales invoices
- Bank and credit card reconciliations
- Weekly filing of invoices, bank statement and remittances
- Credit control, recovering debt via via phone, email and letter. Aged debt should be communicated to the Supervisor and monitored closely. Daily aged debt report.
- Maintain the company's accounts on Sage including journal entries
- Run the back-order report daily and check for any items showing. Deal with any products immediately and inform the Manager
- Check stocks listed on Amazon & eBay weekly and increase when necessary.
- Run the low level report twice a week to monitor stock levels of products printed in house and for Stamps and create purchase orders if necessary.
- Other ad-hoc tasks as requested by the manager
- 2 years' experience within a similar finance role
- Educated to AAT Level 3 or similar. Experience in lieu will be considered
- Experience with Sage and CRM systems
- Positive and enthusiastic personality demonstrating initiative and attention to detail
- Adhere to the companies policies, procedures and core values
- Supportive of the team and wider team within the business
If you would like to apply for the role please click the link below or send your email direct to Harriett at Harriett@mpeople-recruitment.com, alternatively call 01254 660 700 to discuss further.
Please note that MPeople Recruitment cannot always respond to all applicants due to the high volume of CVs received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this as unsuccessful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.