Stockport, Greater Manchester
£24000 - £26000 per annum + free parking, pension
4 months ago
Mpeople Accountancy & Finance are currently recruiting for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join a well-established business based in Stockport.
Up £26k Starting Salary
8am-4.30pm - 1pm finish on Fridays
20 days holiday + bank holidays
Free on-site parking
You would be working in a very fast-paced environment, reporting to the Financial Controller & assisting with the day-to-day running of the finance function.
This role would be ideal for someone who has experience in a stand-alone accounts role who can improve and implement processes to make the function their own.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Create, send, and follow up on debtor invoices
- Check and process creditor invoices ensuring correct project allocation
- Reconciliation of bank, creditor and debtor accounts
- Dealing with creditor queries and processing payments
- Oversee payroll hours for external preparation, process payments to employees
- Preparation of the VAT & EC Sales returns for review pre submission
- Maintain overall standard of the office space
Experience & Skill Requirements:
- Experience working in a fast paced accounts role (minimum 2 years' experience)
- Ability to work autonomously
- Experience with Sage software would be highly beneficial
- Keen eye for detail
- Strong Excel skills
If you would like to apply for this role, please click the link below or send your email direct to Sophie at email@example.com, alternatively call 0161 622 9890 to discuss further.
Please note that MPeople recruitment can not always respond to all applicants due to the high volume of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this as not been successful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.