£24000 - £27000 per annum + plus benefits
about 1 year ago
Mpeople Accountancy & Finance is currently seeking an Accounts Manager to join an established company based in Todmorden. This is a standalone role looking after accounts to trial balance and payroll. This is a standalone role reporting into the MD with some assistance from admin staff. The business works within a niche market and has a fast-paced feel to it, so experience in a fast paced role and resilience would be ideal. Hours are 9-5pm with an hour for lunch and there is free parking and and annual bonus on offer. There is a friendly feel to the business and the staff are very sociable, making it a fantastic place to work!
Full Time - Permanent
Salary - £24-27k dependent on experience
Location - Todmorden
- Accounts to trial balance, liaising with external accountant at year end
- Utilising Xero and their stock management system
- Sales Ledger - check and input sales invoices and credit notes into the system, process customer payments and complete reconciliations
- Purchase Ledger, payment runs, reconciliations and query resolution
- Cash Book - check and reconcile, inputting expenses and petty cash.
- Bank reconciliations
- Assisting with cashflow forecasting
- Payroll - weekly and monthly, ensure timesheets are processed including hours, overtime and expenses.
- VAT Returns, HMRC payments and collating annual P11D data
- Nominal ledger and journal postings
- Ad hoc and general admin
- Solid bookkeeping experience is essential, at least 5 years' experience
- Experience with Xero beneficial
- Experience in a manufacturing background is desirable but not essential
- Competent with MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Self-starter - able to prioritise your own workload and multitask
- Resilient and able to react and work under occasional pressure based on customer needs
- Excellent communication skills - reporting to MD and the wider teams within the business
If you would like to apply for the role please click the link below or send your email direct to Harriett at firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively call 01616229890 to discuss further.
Please note that MPeople recruitment cannot always respond to all applicants due to the high volume of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this as unsuccessful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.