Leeds, West Yorkshire
£25000 - £30000 per annum + parking, subsidized canteen
2 months ago
Accounts Receivable Team Leader
Leeds city centre
£25,000 to £30,000 per Annum dependent upon experience
Do you hold experience in a Finance Team? Are you keen to work for a large scale business that truly values its customer's feedback and experiences? Perfect! You could be the ideal person for this exciting opportunity!
Reporting to the Business Support team Finance Manager. Our client is looking to add an Accounts Receivable Team Leader to the team on a temporary basis, to be reviewed every 4 weeks, to start as soon as possible.
The Accounts Receivable team is responsible for the raising of income and the recovery of debt, delivering great customer service and effective financial control. The role involves liaison with our clients supplier base and internal stakeholders and requires good problem solving skills. This role will support the ongoing delivery of effective accounting processes in a timely and accurate manner.
The role includes, but is not exclusive of, the following responsibilities:
- Provide analysis of aging debt, which allows the business to make a bad debt provision, in line with our accounting policies
- Manage the raising of Sales Ledger Invoices in a controlled way to ensure that income is reflected correctly in the P&L
- Manage the process of allocating cash from the bank account to supplier debt accounts
- Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations, highlighting control risks to management.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis of debtors to enable improvements in the way in which debt is collected
- Providing information for use by Internal/External Audit and Controllership to adhere to financial compliance requirements
- Be accountable for driving efficiency and effectiveness with the support of the Business Support Finance Manager and other teams
- Manage a team of 6 colleagues, ensuring adherence to people policies and helping to develop those colleagues
- Supporting and coaching other colleagues in the team
To be successful in this role you will require the following skill set:
- Qualified/part qualified accountant with experience in an accounting environment
- Able to communicate at all levels, understand the differing requirements of each audience group and adapt accordingly
- Ability to effectively prioritise a challenging workload and manage expectations of delivery
- Confident and pro-active with the ability to challenge stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- A logical approach to managing data and a good level of technological capability
- Strong customer focus
- Should act with integrity and have sound judgement, promoting ethics and compliance
Benefits of this role:
- Salary of £25 - 30k depending on experience
- Working for a large scale business that offers excellent opportunities
- Subsidised canteen use
This role is based in Leeds and would be suitable for candidates who are available to start work as soon as possible, have experience within the Finance area and has a strong work ethic.
If you feel this new exciting opportunity is for you, please apply today with an up to date, relevant CV showing your finance experience, and we will be in touch right away! A registration with mpeople will be required prior to interviewing with our client.