Bradford, West Yorkshire
£27000 - £28000 per annum
5 months ago
My client is looking for an Assistant Accountant, based in Bradford. This is a full-time permanent position paying between £27k and £28k per annum.
The company is a leading within their field with the group having global revenues of US$ 18 Billion with operations in North America, Europe and Australasia. The UK Group has annualised sales of c.£700m.
The UK Group operates from over 200 selling locations with a central finance and administration function based in Bradford.
Salary: £27k-£28k per annum
Hours: 8am - 4pm Monday to Friday
Holidays: 21 days plus bank holidays
The UK Group is currently looking to recruit an ambitious and highly motivated individual to join the Bradford based UK Finance team in the position of Assistant Accountant.
The Group has a strict structure of monthly and quarterly reporting and the applicants need to be used to producing work of a high standard to tight deadlines in a rapidly evolving business.
The on-going integration of acquired entities requires a flexible and 'can do' approach to the challenges that this presents and with this brings a great opportunity for the applicant to gain excellent commercial experience in accounting, reporting and stakeholder relationships.
- Involvement in the preparation of monthly management accounts for review
- Balance Sheet reconciliations including the performance of monthly SOX testing
- Process journals and other inputs onto the general ledger
- Manage a Finance Assistant responsible for customer banking across 30 sites
- Involvement in budget and forecast preparation/consolidation
- Support with the integration of company acquisitions into monthly reporting processes
- Assist the centralised Purchase & Sales Ledger teams with the transition
- Review, maintain and improve financial controls where required
- Involvement in Year End processes and liaison with external auditors as required
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns, monthly EC returns and ad-hoc ONS returns
- Other ad-hoc activities as required
- Enthusiastic individual that is keen to learn, get involved and develop
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA - Part Qualified
- Team player, who is keen to build relationships with colleagues both above and below them in the finance and operational team
- Excel proficiency to a high standard
- Ability to compile, analyse and review data to a high level of accuracy
- Good communication skills, both written and verbally
If you would like to apply for the role please click the link below or send your email direct to Aaron at Aaron@mpeople-recruitment.com, alternatively call 01616229899 to discuss further.
Please note that MPeople recruitment can not always respond to all applicants due to the high volume of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this as not been successful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.