West Yorkshire, England
£20000 - £25000 per annum
9 months ago
AV Engineer - £20k - £25k + Overtime + Van + Laptop + Mobile - Bradford/Leeds Based
Due to growth, my client has an excellent new job opportunity for an ambitious Audio-Visual Engineer/Technician who is looking for the next step up to progress up to a senior engineer.
If you possess the skills and ambition to work alongside high quality engineers and want to build first-class AV systems then this opportunity is for you. My client is a well established and fast-growing AV company, building AV systems for clients to meet the needs of Education, and Private corporations.
Working within their engineering team you will be providing installation and maintenance work to their customer base: a high level of quality service ensuring that all sites are fully functional in accordance with their standard requirements. My client uses high-quality equipment, working to a very high standard to provide a mission-critical service to their customers.
The new role is well suited to someone from an installation background or even an electrical/data installation background.
Your duties and responsibilities as an AV Technician/Engineer will include:
- Able to work to a flexible and responsive installation/service schedule within the North - it maybe that occasionally a UK-wide remit is required where potential overnight stays are necessary
- Install, diagnose and repair technical problems in Audio-Visual systems, including soldering, cable termination, fault-finding, running cables and containment, fixing wall brackets, building AV racks, etc
- Commissioning the installed sound & video equipment, ensuring a high-quality end result for the customer
- Conduct routine maintenance and testing of systems, and ensure installations are to company standards
- Ensure good quality workmanship which upholds company standards, stays in sync with customer standards, and follows safety requirements and provide professional assessments and advice for customers
- Able to take the lead on small projects, managing a small team of technicians/engineers and also able to work alone to find and present faults and concerns in systems without receiving explicit direction
- Liaising with contractors and other workers in new-build sites, representing the organisation to a professional standard and be a brand advocate
- Wanting to focus on continual improvements to processes, systems and skillsets
- Additionally, it is important as an Audio-Visual Engineer that you understand the need for flexibility and to tackle duties that may be deemed part of the role of a developing business with a national client base
- The ability to work both as a team member as well as on your own initiative
- The ability to take the lead when needed
- Previous installation experience in audio visual equipment and/or installation
- Knowledge and practical ability of building structures and experience of fitting equipment to internal and external structures with regards to a comprehensive suite of audio-visual equipment
- A strong capability of identifying and completing potential problems
- Knowledge of safe working practices and a safe operation of basic hand and power tools (formal training can be provided)
- Excellent IT knowledge with a basic knowledge of Microsoft office applications including Word and Excel
- A full UK driving licence is essential
In return, my client offers the follow:
Normal office hours are 8.30am to 5.30pm, though again, flexibility is required.
- Training and personal development opportunities
- Involvement in a fast-growing company
- Relaxed working environment
- 23 days holiday rising with service (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Company pension contributions
- Regular and interesting team socials