Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
£24000 - £28000 per annum
11 months ago
We are currently recruiting for an expanding organisation based on the outskirts of Huddersfield who requires a Bid Writing assistant to join the team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to progress their career with an ever grow company.
Working as part of a small tender and contracts team you will be responsible for providing administrative and writing support, working on a range of exciting commercial and tender projects.
As well as managing key search activity for new opportunities, managing and tracking OJEU alerts and public sector procurement portals, you will also work closely with the contracts manager and lead bid writer to produce supporting written material for PQQs, SQQs, ESPDs and bids.
You must be self-motivated, able to manage multiple competing projects and have the tenacity and drive to meet and maintain high quality standards.
You will be experienced working in a busy tenders/contracts team, ideally within the public sector, and are looking to take the next step forward in your career.
- To work closely with the Contracts and Commercial Support Manager, Bid Writer and bid teams to assist in the preparation and submission of supplier questionnaires, PQQs, RFPs and bids and the on-going development of standard responses, bid submission supporting material, case studies, graphical content, and technical information.
- Management of supplier and procurement portals including opportunity tracking, opportunity review and pre-qualification.
- General administration tasks to ensure the smooth running of each individual bid.
- Management of corporate documents including accreditations, licences and certificates in the Bid Response Library
Skills and Experience
- Experience of coordinating and supporting bids and bid teams
- Working knowledge of public sector procurement portals
- Experience of bid/business proposal writing
- Excellent written communicator with a flair for producing compelling and concise copy
- Experience of working within public sector, construction etc
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A real team player with the ability to manage multiple competing tasks against tight deadlines
- The ability to proactively contribute within a project team working environment
- Excellent administrative skills and ability to manage and update corporate documents within the library
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent Grade A-C including English.
- A level English.
- Preferably APMP qualified or working towards foundation level status or above.