Leeds, West Yorkshire
6 months ago
Business Development Manager
Flexible depending on experience plus bonus
Automotive experience would be an advantage but not a must if solid B2B proven successful background
Scope and Remit
Reporting into the Sales & Marketing Director, the Business Development Manager will have field based B2B sales experience and be a dynamic and driven sales person who enjoys the thrill of finding prospects, presenting and closing deals. You will be expected to manage your own diary and self-generate your own pipeline of prospects. Enthusiasm and the desire to succeed are a necessity to succeed in this role.
- Generate new business through a mixture of telesales activity, cold calling, client visits, networking and referrals.
- Qualify and develop prospects/customers using a range of data sources including internal databases and CRM system.
- Follow a structured sales process to sell solutions to new customers and close business.
- Ensure consistent, profitable new business wins.
- Drive new business together with maintaining and developing client relationships to grow revenue from those accounts.
- Provide accurate sales forecasts for monthly and quarterly analysis.
- Organise and manage your own diary and workload for maximum efficiency and output.
- Exceed agreed targets for new business wins set by the company.
- Exceed agreed achievable KPI activity as set by the company.
- Negotiate trading terms in line with company policy.
- Provide additional help and support to the team and manager
- Mentor and up skill new team members.
You will need to be:
- Fast-learning, talented professionals, who analyse and adapt to their environment
- Versatile, proactive and dedicated to delivering service excellence
- Approachable and helpful to the customers and suppliers
- Forward-thinking problem solvers who are motivated to achieve success and deliver outstanding results
Knowledge, Training and Experience Required
A track record in delivering B2B opportunities with an opportunity value of >£100k
- A proven new business hunter with a passion for forging new relationships
- A proactive worker who is self-motivated to and used to being home based.
- A strong presenter and communicator.
- The ability to plan and ensure your time is managed efficiently.
- Candidates that have a proven history of over achieving.
- Strong selling, negotiating, reporting and commercial skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and have a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- A self-starter who is comfortable working remotely and managing their diary effectively.
- An excellent negotiator who can balance the requirements of both the company and the client to achieve results.
- Confident and articulate in all forms of communication and is able adapt their style to suit each situation or audience.
- Full UK driving license with regular travel across the sales territory to Head Office (Leeds)
If you would like any further details, please forward your CV for consideration.
mpeople are a recruitment business working on behalf of our client, if you do not receive a response within 7 days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion