- Location: Castleford
- Job Type: Permanent
- Consultant: Donna Asquith
- Sector: Purchasing & Supply
- Salary: £30000+ - £
- Email: Donna@mpeople-recruitment.com
- Start Date: ASAP
- Posted: 1 month ago
Mpeople Recruitment are currently seeking an experienced Buyer to join a well-established and reputable organisation based in Castleford.
Hours: Permanent and full time
Salary: £30,000 + dependent on experience
Immediate start available
Reporting to the Head of Purchasing you will be responsible for all aspects of product sourcing and promotion within your designated areas including:
- Negotiating with vendors
- Product promotion
- Production of weekly updates on performance of your product areas
- Identification and evaluation of both new product opportunities and new suppliers for either existing or new products.
- Maximisation of stock turnover.
- Minimisation of out of stocks and shortages.
- Review of pricing of all products to confirm competitiveness
- Review of market pricing and replacement pricing
- Responsibility for all aspects of vendor relationship in your product area
- To ensure compliance of products with relevant quality standards and all legal requirements through provision of all appropriate certification.
- To maintain accurate and up to date supplier records
- To create purchase orders and all documentation relating to order placement and confirmation.
Skills & Experience Requirements:
- Computer literate with good skills in Microsoft applications
- A strong negotiator at all levels – and be able to demonstrate this effectively
- A self-starter but a good team player who appreciates that team success is the key goal.
- Strong analytical skills demonstrable both orally and in written work.
- Strong communication, organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Knowledge of and experience of applying purchasing tools and techniques
- The personal credibility to develop and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Technical/IT hardware knowledge either through previous work
If you would like to apply for this role please send your email direct to Donna to discuss further.
Please note that MPeople recruitment cannot always respond to all applicants due to the high volume of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this as not been successful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.