£20000 - £22000 per annum
5 months ago
Are you an experienced Buyer who has a minimum of 2 years' experience and has knowledge of ERP systems? Do you want to work for an established company who can offer you up to 9 months work with an immediate start? if so get in contact now! Paying a salary of £22K (pro rata for the 9 months)
- Plan, create, process and transmit orders for material, services and consumable goods with suppliers whilst monitoring cost, quality and delivery performance.
- Conduct all day to day purchasing activities including processing requisitions, purchase orders, expediting deliveries, arranging hires of plant and equipment, chasing open POs etc, and ensure they are performed in a timely manner.
- Continually drive down costs and negotiate added value in all areas of managed spend.
- Develop KPI's to demonstrate budget savings and provide regular updates
- Understand & implement appropriate controls and audit strategies that enable compliance with company procurement policies and procedures.
- Controlling the flow of all purchasing paperwork and correspondence
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to negotiate with internal/external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects and tasks, and prioritizing work accordingly.
- Have a customer focused approach.
- Working knowledge of legal & commercial aspects of procurement.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft package, and experience using an ERP system.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality
- Maintain high ethical standards and earn a high level of credibility based on trust, teamwork and communication.
A salary of £22K (pro-rata) is on offer along with onsite parking. Immediate start with a handover period.