Keighley, West Yorkshire
Up to £30000 per annum + Benefits
6 months ago
Up to £30k plus benefits
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an experienced and enthusiastic Buyer to join our Purchasing team within this rapidly expanding and successful business.
Applicants must be able to work under pressure with high organisational skills, be self-motivated and driven with excellent communication skills.
The applicant must be able to demonstrate a background of working in fast paced procurement departments within manufacturing organisations. The preference is for applicants to have experience in the procurement of components and assemblies for production and a proven track record of delivering cost reduction.
You will be responsible for end to end management of the buying process including:
- Develop, negotiate and maintain agreements/contracts and relationships with key suppliers.
- Co-ordinate engineering changes through the supplier chain
- Work alongside the quality department to improve & retain supplier quality
- Manage and progress commodity RFQ projects providing regular updates to management.
- In line with the business requirements, negotiate pricing, delivery, payment terms, stocking methods and inventory management
- Experience in drafting and negotiating long term supply agreements
- Able to think strategically and develop creative and innovative improvement ideas
- Maintain and control supplier data e.g. Blanket orders, contracts & costings
- Drive continuous improvement within the department and through suppliers.
- In line with departmental improvement plans manage and review sourcing strategies
- Supplier reviews and visits
- Work alongside technical, quality & finance departments to ensure supplier suitability
- Resolve any invoice queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Evaluate Suppliers Returns
- Other duties as assigned by Purchasing manager or any Management personnel.
If you would like any further details on the above role, please forward your CV for consideration
mpeople are a recruitment business acting on behalf of our client, if you do not receive a response within 7 days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion