about 1 month ago
To work flexibly across the College & with internal and external stakeholders to provide an effective and high-quality, careers education, information, advice, and guidance service that meets the needs of a diverse range of prospective and existing students.
To work in a collaborative, partnership focused manner, ensuring the careers programme and student entitlement meets all eight of the Gatsby benchmarks of good practice.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Support the Head of Careers and Work Placement in ensuring the college meets all Gatsby Benchmarks
- Provide a range of careers interventions throughout the learner journey from enrolment through to supporting progression, including 1:1 guidance, group work, workshops, and events in line with CDI Code of Ethics
- Contribute to the development, planning and delivery of an innovative and effective crosscollege careers programme and guidance
- Implement relevant interactive activities to driving forward the number of students participating in careers activities at each campus.
- Proactively support students who are undecided about their intended destination
- Support students through progression and who withdraw or are withdrawn from courses ensuring they are referred to other providers as appropriate
- Provide careers guidance during the enrolment process and open evenings/preview events to assist prospective students in their course choice and career planning
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive and up-to-date careers information and resources and make available for staff, students, parents and partners to access
- Support users with careers-related online resources and other appropriate careers and HE related websites.
- Coordinate and support UCAS procedures across the College including the UCAS application portal and provide advice to students and staff to ensure the process runs smoothly
- Actively research and arrange suitable opportunities for students with regular communication to ensure students and curriculum staff are informed of forthcoming opportunities
- Organise in-house and external events/workshops that actively promotes all aspects of careers, developing students employability skills and soft outcomes
- Maintain and coordinate effective links with curriculum, external organisations and other support services (internal and external) to ensure the careers provision is consistent, inclusive and facilitates progression for all students