Leeds, West Yorkshire
Up to £15.30 per hour
19 days ago
Monday - Friday - 37.5 Hours
3 Month Contract
Our clients in-house Claims team are responsible for handling a range of Employer, Public and Product liability claims. It's a unique set up with a diverse caseload where our Claims Handlers have full ownership from first notification through to settlement.
It's a fast paced, high volume environment with a strong team ethic where everyone works towards the same shared goals. With a diverse caseload and varied stakeholder group, no two days are the same.
This role would suit individuals with Claims Handling experience from an Insurance or legal background who have previously worked in EL/PL, Motor or PI sectors looking for a new challenge.
What you'll be responsible for:
· Managing and handling a portfolio of Employers', Public and Product Liability claims from first notification through to settlement in accordance with current legislation, court rules, internal and insurer delegated authority requirements
· Investigating and determining the company's liability and managing individual claims reserves to ensure adequacy and integrity
· Implementing the most appropriate investigation methods/course of action and resolution with the relevant authorities on suspected fraudulent cases
· Reviewing, analysing and valuing medical reports and evidence of losses and negotiate quantum ensuring appropriate, fair, ethical and economic outcomes
· Determining appropriate control measures and risk improvements to prevent the reoccurrence of incidents or reduction of impact by identifying causes, trends and areas for improvements and providing proactive support, feedback and coaching on claims investigation and performance to stores, depots, regional managers and business units
· Instigating recovery of outlay from third parties and suppliers as appropriate
To be able to hit the ground running you'll need experience of handling MOJ and non MOJ Claims with an understanding of personal injury litigation. You'll be dealing with key internal and external stakeholders on a frequent basis and will need well developed communication and presentation skills and the ability to influence at all levels and cross-functionally. You'll also need the ability to explain complex legal matters to non-legal personnel in a simple and succinct way.
It's a fast paced high volume environment and so you will need strong attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to thrive under pressure with good planning, time management, prioritisation and organisation skills.