Wakefield, West Yorkshire
10 months ago
Mpeople Accountancy & Finance is currently seeking an experienced Credit Controller to join large organisation based in Wakefield.
The role will see you take responsibility for the Credit Control function across multiple ledgers with a high volume of live accounts. Working in a large team you will report directly to the Credit Manager.
Full time - Fixed Term Contract - 12 months
Salary - £20-23k
Location - Wakefield
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Chasing outstanding debts
- Maintaining detailed client records on relevant systems with regular contact via phone and email to ensure invoices are cleared for payment, maintaining an accurate record of all actions taken.
- Resolving customer queries and disputes, liaising with other departments to provide a quick & accurate response to the customer.
- Producing accruals on a monthly basis for your allocated accounts.
- Reconciling, justifying and reacting to client credit requests to conclusion. Raising credit notes & refunds within company process.
- Maintain effective communication between customers and colleagues always to ensure an efficient and smooth service and customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring debtor day and cash targets are achieved in line with Credit Insurance policy criteria and escalation to legal if so required.
- Allocating money received- daily bank postings, processing cheques, card payments etc.
- Ensure timely notification of problem debts to the Team Leader / Credit Control Manager.
- Proven Credit Control experience
- Will demonstrate a professional manner with customers and colleagues.
- Will be able to work to deadlines.
- Will demonstrate and use their initiative.
- Excel skills including VLOOKUPS and Pivot Tables
- Will be able to work under pressure and maintain accuracy.
- Must be supportive of colleagues and offer assistance when required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary of £20-23k dependent on experience
If you would like to apply for the role please click the link below or send your email direct to Mike at email@example.com, alternatively call 01616229899 to discuss further.
Please note that MPeople recruitment can not always respond to all applicants due to the high volume of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this as not been successful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.