Chadderton, Greater Manchester
£25000 - £27000 per annum + plus bonus and benefits
2 months ago
Mpeople Accountancy & Finance is currently seeking an experienced Credit Control Team Leader needed for a well-established company in Chadderton. Working in a team of up to 10 people, you will report into the Credit Control Manager in a hands-on role, actively driving and minimising the delivery/collection of overdue and aged delinquent debt in line with the department's targets and KPI's at individual and team level in order to reduce DSO. You will maximise cash collections within payment terms, improve and maintain DSO whilst assessing credit risks.
Full time - Permanent
Salary - £25-27k plus achievable bonus
Location - Chadderton
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility and accountability for managing their own portfolio by proactively chasing customers for payments and leading by example.
- Day to day supervision of credit controllers and administrators (currently 10 staff) including ledger reviews with the Credit Controllers and highlighting payment default issues and high-risk concerns to the Credit Control Manger.
- Meet or exceed monthly / Quarterly cash collection and reduction of the 30+ day's debt target.
- 1st point of Escalation within the department
- Staff mentoring and training
- Ensure Speedily resolution of customer queries by liaising with Sales, Client Services and depots. Escalating within 7 working days. Log in line with the departments processes / KPI's.
- Accurate reconciliation of customer accounts, by keeping ledgers tidy, ensuring write-off's journals, unallocated cash and duplicate accounts are actioned monthly.
- Promote the department by maintaining healthy relationships with work colleagues and customers in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Recommend accounts for legal action in a timely manner to the Credit Manager.
- Enter detailed collection notes on Navision finance system, as well as cash forecasting.
- Openly share creative ideas to support the departments drive for continuous process improvement.
- Deputising for the Credit Manager.
- Ad hoc duties as required.
- Minimum of 5 years credit control experience in a fast paced business-to-business environment.
- Proven experience in a leadership role demonstrating strong leadership skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise daily tasks.
- Good oral and written communication skills. Able to communicate at all levels face to face and by telephone.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Professional manner when dealing with customers.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Good problem solving skills and able to use your own initiative.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook, strong PC skills.
- Good all round education. May have or be working towards attainment of membership of the Institute of Credit Management.
Experience using Navision finance system and billing systems.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary of £25-27k dependent on experience
- 22 days holiday rising to 25 days over the course of your service, plus statutory days.
- Quarterly for achieving the team target with potential to double that if the higher threshold is hit.
If you would like to apply for the role please click the link below or send your email direct to Harriett at firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively call 0161 622 9899 to discuss further.
Please note that MPeople recruitment cannot always respond to all applicants due to the high volume of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this as unsuccessful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.