Chadderton, Greater Manchester
plus bonus and benefits
6 months ago
Mpeople Accountancy & Finance is currently seeking an experienced Credit Control Team Leader needed for a well-established company in Chadderton. Working in a team of up to 6 people, you will report into the Credit Control Manager in a hands-on role, looking after a ledger of your own and working towards a team target.
Full time - Permanent
Salary - £25--27k plus achievable bonus
Location - Chadderton
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility and accountability for managing a ledger of approximately 300 accounts.
- Support the Credit Control Manager with team management, particularly when covering annual leave
- Supporting with reporting and analysis of figures and data
- Supporting the team with complex queries and accounts
- Developing strategies to meet or exceed monthly cash collection and 90+ day's debt reduction targets.
- Prioritise collections by value/age/risk, through the use of statements, reminder letter, telephone and email. Ensuring that invoices are paid to terms (standard 30 days from date of invoice). Proactively contacting major accounts before due date. Maintaining payment plans.
- Regularly credit assess customer credit limits and risk rating using Creditsafe, taking into consideration payment performance. Prioritise such reviews based on sales projections, risk rating, total account value and 90+ debt total.
- Speedily resolve queries by liaising with Sales, Client Services and depots. Escalating within 7 working days. Log the query on Navision finance system, so that the Invoicing team are able to investigate and reply to the customer.
- Accurate reconciliation of customer accounts, by keeping ledgers tidy, ensuring write-off's journals, unallocated cash and duplicate accounts are actioned monthly.
- To promote the department by maintaining healthy relationships with work colleagues and customers in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Monthly ledger reviews with the Credit Control Manager, highlighting payment default issues and high-risk concerns with individual accounts.
- In conjunction with the Sales Team, suspend credit facilities where appropriate.
- Taking payments by credit card.
- Refer accounts for legal action in a timely manner to the Credit Manager.
- Enter detailed collection notes on Navision finance system, as well as cash forecasting.
- To openly share creative ideas to support the departments drive for continuous process improvement.
- Will have Credit Control experience of over 5 years and will enjoy the role.
- Will demonstrate a professional manner with customers and colleagues.
- Will be able to work to deadlines.
- Will demonstrate and use their initiative.
- Excel skills including VLOOKUPS and Pivot Tables are beneficial.
- Will be able to work under pressure and maintain accuracy.
- Will enthusiastic and keen and able to take on new tasks.
- Should demonstrate a desire to understand the Company operations and systems.
- Must be supportive of colleagues and offer assistance when required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary of £25-27k dependent on experience
- 22 days holiday rising to 25 days over the course of your service, plus statutory days.
- Quarterly for achieving the team target with potential to double that if the higher threshold is hit.
If you would like to apply for the role please click the link below or send your email direct to Harriett at email@example.com, alternatively call 0161 622 9899 to discuss further.
Please note that MPeople recruitment cannot always respond to all applicants due to the high volume of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this as unsuccessful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.