- Location: Chadderton
- Job Type: Permanent
- Consultant: Sophie Regan
- Sector: Accountancy & Finance
- Salary: ££22,000 - ££24,000
- Email: Ana@mpeople-recruitment.com
- Start Date: ASAP
- Benefits: +Bonus
- Posted: 1 month ago
Mpeople Accountancy & Finance is currently seeking an experienced Senior Credit Controller needed for a well-established, growing company in Chadderton. Working in a team of 10 people, you will report into the Head of Credit/Credit Control Manager and will look after a ledger of your own, working towards a team target.
Full time - Permanent
Hours – 8:30 – 5:30 - 1 hours for lunch or 30 mins and 5:00 finish
Salary – £22-24k plus achievable bonus
Location – Chadderton
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsibility and accountability for managing a ledger of approximately 200 accounts.
• Developing strategies to meet or exceed monthly cash collection and 90+ day’s debt reduction targets.
• Prioritise collections by value/age/risk, through the use of statements, reminder letter, telephone and email. Ensuring that invoices are paid to terms (standard 30 days from date of invoice). Proactively contacting major accounts before due date. Maintaining payment plans.
• Regularly credit assess customer credit limits and risk rating using Creditsafe, taking into consideration payment performance. Prioritise such reviews based on sales projections, risk rating, total account value and 90+ debt total.
• Speedily resolve queries by liaising with Sales, Client Services and depots. Escalating within 7 working days. Log the query on Navision finance system, so that the Invoicing team are able to investigate and reply to the customer.
• Accurate reconciliation of customer accounts, by keeping ledgers tidy, ensuring write-off’s journals, unallocated cash and duplicate accounts are actioned monthly.
• To promote the department by maintaining healthy relationships with work colleagues and customers in a positive and professional manner at all times.
• Regular ledger reviews with the Credit Control Manager, highlighting payment default issues and high risk concerns with individual accounts.
• In conjunction with the Sales Team, suspend credit facilities where appropriate.
• Taking payments by credit card.
Please note that Mpeople recruitment cannot always respond to all applicants due to the high volumes of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days your application has been unsuccessful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.