£19000 - £20500 per annum + plus benefits
6 months ago
Mpeople Accountancy & Finance is currently seeking an experienced Credit Controller needed for a well-established, growing company in Rossendale. Working in a team of 3 people, you will report into the supervisor and will look after a ledger of your own as the standalone Credit Controller.
Full time - Permanent
Salary - Up to £20,500 plus company bonus scheme
Location - Rossendale
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for approx. 250 national, independent and international accounts.
- Debt collection in line with our Company Credit Control Procedures including:
- Telephone calls to all overdue accounts, issuing standard overdue/ in-house legal letters and where required preparing accounts for legal action.
- Resolving account queries, fully supported by the sales processing teams.
- Liaising with account managers/ reps regarding overdue accounts.
- Taking credit card payments from customers.
- Consolidated Account Reconciliations and cash allocations.
- Maintaining and producing debtor's comments and ledger.
- Account administration: setting up new customer credit accounts
- Approving/releasing credit stopped orders.
- Printing, enveloping and posting out monthly customer statements.
- Maintaining customer files with both paper and electronic filing.
- Ad hoc reporting for the business.
- Experience of working independently within a finance team, majoring on credit control activities with experience in general finance activities.
- Experience of working with consolidated accounts.
- Experience of query resolution
- Driving Licence holder
- Numerate, meticulous and professional.
- Experienced with MS Excel and Word
- Used to a fast pace in a busy environment, able to prioritise the workload
- Good customer service skills and a tenacious character for debt collection.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary of up to £20,500 dependent on experience
- Companywide bonus scheme
If you would like to apply for the role please click the link below or send your email direct to Harriett at firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively call 01616229890 to discuss further.
Please note that MPeople recruitment cannot always respond to all applicants due to the high volume of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this as not been successful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.