£20500 - £22000 per annum + plus benefits
3 months ago
Mpeople Accountancy & Finance is currently seeking an experienced Credit Controller needed for a well-established, growing company in Rossendale. Working in a team of 3 people, you will report into the supervisor and will look after a ledger of your own as the standalone Credit Controller. The comapny are well established and they have developed a fantastic benefits package and they have a company bonus scheme that benefits every employee. You will benefit from autonomy in the role and support from your peers. There will be times where you will help with sales ledger activity and you will assist the process improvement they are putting in place.
Full time - Permanent
Salary - Up to £22,000 (DOE) plus company bonus scheme
Location - Rossendale
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for approx. 200-250 national, independent and international accounts.
- Debt collection in line with our Company Credit Control Procedures including:
- Telephone calls to all overdue accounts, issuing standard overdue/ in-house legal letters and where required preparing accounts for legal action.
- Resolving account queries, fully supported by the sales processing teams.
- Liaising with account managers/ reps regarding overdue accounts.
- Taking credit card payments from customers.
- Consolidated Account Reconciliations and cash allocations.
- Maintaining and producing debtor's comments and ledger.
- Account administration: setting up new customer credit accounts
- Approving/releasing credit stopped orders.
- Printing, enveloping and posting out monthly customer statements.
- Maintaining customer files with both paper and electronic filing.
- Ad hoc reporting for the business.
- Experience of working independently within a finance team, majoring on credit control activities with experience in general finance activities.
- Experience of working with consolidated accounts.
- Experience of query resolution
- Driving Licence holder
- Numerate, meticulous and professional.
- Experienced with MS Excel and Word
- Used to a fast pace in a busy environment, able to prioritise the workload
- Good customer service skills and a tenacious character for debt collection.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary of up to £22,000 dependent on experience
- Companywide bonus scheme
- Huge benefits pack including life assurance, GP access and perkbox
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays, rising every year up to 33 days
If you would like to apply for the role please click the link below or send your email direct to Harriett at email@example.com, alternatively call 01616229890 to discuss further.
Please note that MPeople recruitment cannot always respond to all applicants due to the high volume of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this as not been successful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.