Wakefield, West Yorkshire
£21000 - £23000 per annum
27 days ago
Mpeople Accountancy & Finance are currently seeking an experienced Credit Controller needed for a well-established, successful and growing company in Wakefield, North Yorkshire. Working in a team of Credit Controllers, you will look after a ledger of your own, working towards a team target.
Full time - 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Salary - £21k to £23k
Location - Wakefield
Working Hours - 8:45 to 17:00
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Chasing outstanding debts
- Maintaining detailed client records on relevant systems with regular contact via phone and email to ensure invoices are cleared for payment, maintaining an accurate record of all actions taken.
- Resolving customer queries and disputes, liaising with other departments to provide a quick & accurate response to the customer.
- Producing accruals on a monthly basis for your allocated accounts.
- Reconciling, justifying and reacting to client credit requests to conclusion. Raising credit notes & refunds within company process.
- Maintain effective communication between customers and colleagues always to ensure an efficient and smooth service and customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring debtor day and cash targets are achieved in line with Credit Insurance policy criteria and escalation to legal if so required.
- Allocating money received- daily bank postings, processing cheques, card payments etc.
- Ensure timely notification of problem debts to the Team Leader / Credit Control Manager.
- Provide holiday cover to other members of the department as needed.
- Provide Switch cover on a rota basis
- Proven Credit Control experience
- Will demonstrate a professional manner with customers and colleagues.
- Will be able to work to deadlines.
- Will demonstrate and use their initiative.
- Excel skills including VLOOKUPS and Pivot Tables
- Will be able to work under pressure and maintain accuracy.
- Must be supportive of colleagues and offer assistance when required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary of £21k-£23k dependent on experience
If you would like to apply for the role please click the link below or send your email direct to Kat at email@example.com, alternatively call 01616229899 to discuss further.
Please note that MPeople recruitment can not always respond to all applicants due to the high volume of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this as not been successful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.