about 1 month ago
Purpose of the role: Deliver the college-wide programme to develop employability and other soft skills, including the delivery of proactive and inspiring skill sessions, work related activities and engagement with employers that help students prepare for work experience and reflect meaningfully on their skills, experiences and future choices.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Create and deliver relevant, informed employability resources, skill sessions work related activities and engagement with employers to engage and support students prepare for a work experience/placement.
- Establish and develop strong links with local businesses and national employers to provide appropriate and meaningful work related learning activities.
- Use appropriate methods to; identify students starting points, develop action plans to map, review and record progress.
- Work collaboratively with curriculum areas to create and deliver work related activities such as employer led presentations, real business projects and mock interviews sessions, trips, visits, mentoring and voluntary work designed to develop employment skills
- Work collaboratively with vocational teams to ensure seamless embedding of these skills and relevance to the vocational subject matter and high levels of engagement from students.
- Provide advice to students, individually or in groups to support with finding meaningful work experience/placements.
- Keep up to date with current national and local labour markets to ensure information is shared with relevant departments and take personal responsibility for retaining and developing competence.
- Liaise with appropriate student support services within the College, e.g. counsellors, Learning Support, Student Learning Advisers, Career Advisers etc. and relevant external agencies.