Castle Donington, Leicestershire
LA - FA_1600788622
29 days ago
30th October 2020
Major Commercial are delighted to be working exclusively on a Finance Assistant position for our client based in Derby. This is a superb opportunity to work for a firm that have a friendly and dynamic team environment, with deep set values and culture.
The Finance Assistant role is highly varied and requires a self-motivated individual to ensure deadlines are met whilst following processes and systems are maintained.
You will be working mainly with our Group Accountant who is based remotely and you will be responsible for delivering accurate and well organised finance-based support to all colleagues.
Your role will require you to perform the following duties:
- Raising PO's and Delivery Notes, handling recharges to regional offices, invoice/receipt entry onto sage, payment of Invoices, raising and issuing Invoices, issuing of AR statements to regional offices, new account and new cost code set up in Sage
- Posting journal entries to Sage, Weekly/monthly reconciliation, collection of monies from the bank, expenses
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and cash book, credit card receipts and statement reconciliation, processing and payment of staff expenses, VAT receipt submission, posting payments and expenses to Sage, account balances are to be reconciled in Sage
- Issuing of currency for travel and tracking
Rebates and Listings
- Ensuring all product data is up to date on relevant reporting documents, completion of rebate and listings reports using sales information obtained from our internal system, raising and distribution of rebate and listings invoices to regional offices and ensuring prompt payment, posting invoices to Sage, distribution or input of rebate data and reports to Chains
- Secondary payment approval
- Submission of quarterly forecast figures and figures for budgeting purposes
- Assisting with annual audits
- Recording data
- Adhoc requests from SMT
To apply for this role, you must have the following experience / skills
- Previous experience across all or most aspects of finance administration and assistance
- Self-motivated and committed
- Empathetic and aware of all team members
- Ability to prioritise effectively and work to deadlines
- Experience of using Sage, Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel
- Hold a full driving license and have access to a vehicle
In return for your hard work and commitment to the company, our client rewards well with benefits, including Pension, Life Insurance and bonus.
Our client is looking to conduct interviews immediately, please forward your CV in the strictest of confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07776 958522.