Wythenshawe, Greater Manchester
£35000 - £45000 per annum + 33 days holiday, 10% bonus
7 months ago
Mpeople Accountancy & Finance are currently seeking a qualified Financial Accountant to join an exceptional, well established business in Wythenshawe.
This role would be very suitable for an experienced Financial Controller or Finance Manager.
You would be managing a team of 8, ensuring the correct and smooth running of a retail finance function.
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Up to £45,000 Salary (+10% bonus)
- Financial Operations: Manage the processing of accounting inputs & documents for purchases, cash and treasury management, balance sheet controls, using a multi-skilled team; Complete VAT returns and prepare payment instructions; Complete statutory information returns as required by Government Departments; Prepare annual and monthly corporation tax returns (External & Internal); Assist in the annual budgeting; Analyse business trend variance with respect to Budget, Forecast and Prior Year.
- Financial Procedures: Ensuring that appropriate financial procedures and controls are established; To review, refresh and redesign processes.
- Systems: To work in co-operation with the IT and external service providers to develop systems capability to maximise added value and cost minimisation to the business; Assist with the implementation of a new ERP system.
- Management Accounts: To lead the production of statutory accounts, and making a significant contribution to the preparation of scheduled and ad-hoc management information, ensuring that all deadlines are met; Carry out investigations on balance sheet transactions; Ensure books of account are up to date (including, but not exclusively, Fixed Assets analyses and depreciation runs).
- Team Leadership: To create and agree clear role accountabilities, performance measures and individual development plans to ensure that the service delivered to the business is of the highest possible quality and that costs are optimised; Providing annual appraisals and monthly 1-2-1 meeting with staff.
Experience & Skill Requirements:
- The ideal candidate will be ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Proven ability in management of staff and their development
- Proven ability to communicate and present to senior board members
- Strong Excel skills
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Audit background would be preferable
- Experience in a comparable commercial environment would be beneficial
- You must have an open minded attitude to change and always seek to improve your way of working & knowledge
If you would like to apply for this role, please click the link below or send your email direct to Sophie at email@example.com, alternatively call 0161 622 9899 to discuss further.
Please note that MPeople recruitment can not always respond to all applicants due to the high volume of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this as not been successful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.