- Location: Oldham
- Job Type: Permanent
- Consultant: Liz Harrison
- Sector: Accountancy & Finance
- Salary: £38,000 - £50,000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posted: 1 month ago
Mpeople Recruitment are currently seeking an experienced Financial Controller to join a well-established and reputable organisation based in Oldham.
Hours: Permanent and full-time
Salary: £38,000 - £50,000 dependent on experience
Immediate start available
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller to join a thriving organisation, where they can put their own stamp on this role.
Duties to include:-
- To effectively manage the Accounts function of the business, as well as any associated companies (current or future).
- To manage and oversee the Finance department
- To manage all associated programs required within the accounts department including Sage Payroll, Sage 50 Accounts, Government Gateway and Bankline (online banking)
- To maintain confidentiality within the Accounts Department
- Preparation of monthly and Annual MI and Board Packs including narrative and supporting schedules to present to the Director’s and Auditors
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts and managing cashflow
- Preparation of year end audit figures and schedules to minimise cost
- To check and prepare payroll, received from Operations Department and manage both weekly and monthly payroll.
- To manage all sales and purchase invoices/credits produced and ensure that all are correctly invoiced.
- To manage all payments received by the companies and record them in line with company policy
- To process and manage all payments made by the companies and record them in line with company policy
- To manage and safeguard company funds with financial control and procedures
- To manage all Worldpay or similar card machines and reconciliation
- To manage all petty cash and record in line with company policy
- To manage all driver expenses and record in line with company policy
- To manage all accounts office filing and archive material
- To prepare any banking and reporting as required
- To prepare and meet all legally required deadlines for payments such as PAYE, VAT, Corporation Tax and the personal tax payments of the shareholders
- To work closely with the Quotations, Reservations, Operations and Engineering Department and manage any expenditure requirements through a purchase order system
- To manage the job description of any future accounting/administration assistants and ensure tasks are carried out in a timely fashion.
- To produce, when required, any reports or administration at the request from the Directors/Shareholders within the business
- To minute and record meetings, as required
- At any time to carry out any reasonable request by the Directors/Shareholders of the Company.
- To Record all holidays and sickness
Skill & Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within a Financial Controller or Finance Manager
- Qualified: ACCA or CIMA would be desirable
- Strong Excel skills are essential for this role (intermediate/advanced level)
If you would like to apply for this role, please click the link below or send your email direct to Liz to discuss further.
Please note that Mpeople recruitment can not always respond to all applicants due to the high volume of CVs received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this as not been successful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.