Oldham, Greater Manchester
£40000 - £50000 per annum
6 days ago
Mpeople Accountancy & Finance is currently seeking an Financial Controller growing company in North Manchester.
Salary = £40k - £50k per annum
Holiday = 25 days plus bank holidays
Full time permanent position
A well established and leading manufacturer in its field is seeking a qualified Financial Controller to join the team based in North Manchester. As part of a larger group, this business requires a well-motivated individual who will join the management team to instantly make an impact.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will assume overall responsibility for a finance department of three and play a key role in the commercial and strategic decision-making processes.
The role will suit a recently qualified CIMA, ACCA or ACA accountant looking for the next step up in their career. You will be enthusiastic, focused and willing to do what's necessary to get the job done. A thirst for identifying growth and opportunities through trends and analysis to help the business thrive is essential.
Having possibly worked as 2nd in command, you will know the detailed workings of a finance department and understand its critical role in driving the business forward. You will be ready to demonstrate your ability to lead a finance department.
Responsibilities will be wide ranging and will include:
- Managing the finance department to ensure that their work is done to a high standard on a timely and accurate basis.
- The weekly, monthly financial performance and KPI reporting.
- Managing the relationship with the bank and external bodies.
- Statutory and tax reporting.
- Cash management including weekly, rolling three-month cashflow forecasts.
- A review of existing KPIs and introduction of new ones.
- proactive generating and implementation of ideas to increase the business gross margin.
- Control of credit ratings on the company.
- Recommendations as to the annual commission and bonus schemes for the sales team.
- Production of board packs and board minutes.
- Monthly review on the profit of individual products to gross margin level.
- Responsibility for effective procedures process for bought in products.
- Production of the yearly business plan including financial forecasts in conjunction with the operations and sales director.
- Aged debtor and creditor management
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Stock value management
- Motivate and lead the finance team by clarifying roles and providing feedback
- Ensure all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed and reported
To be considered for this role you will:
- Be CIMA. ACCA or ACA qualified
- Have a strong academic record
- Be a self-starter with a desire to work hard
- Do what is necessary to get the job completed on time
- Have a desire to grow, express your opinion and not be afraid to drive change
In return, the company offers a salary between £40,000 to £50,000 per annum dependent on experience, the possibility to develop the role into Finance Director and 25 days holidays per annum.