Import/ Export Coordinator
- Location: Halifax
- Job Type: Permanent
- Consultant: Paul Rowlands
- Sector: Office Services
- Salary: £27,000 - £30,000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posted: 2 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Import Coordinator to join a thriving organisation based in the Halifax area. This is a newly created role due to company growth and gives the successful candidate the opportunity to progress with the business.
Offering a salary up to £30,000 working Monday to Friday
To be responsible for the day to day operations of all imported/exported goods, ensuring we remain compliant with legislation and that we are able to maintain required service levels, with minimal impact.
To proactively liaise with our internal and external customers / service providers and build strong working relationships.
To be the first point of contact on all import and export queries throughout the business.
- Responsible for the day to day running of allocated Import/Export trades.
- Customs declaration information from documents, or other sources into the customs entry system to allow for the build of a valid customs declaration.
- Facilitate all movement's for import and export procedures.
- Liaising with internal departments to arrange successful receipt / dispatch of goods.
- Track and trace customs files.
- Ensure documentation is sent timely to the customer or broker for customs purposes.
- Measure, monitor and review performance of allocated trades.
- Proactively interact with customs authorities to address any issues/questions that may arise before, during or after the clearing process.
- Keep up to date on all regulatory requirements governing the import/export of goods.
- Profits to be maximised and highlight areas of concern.
- Be innovative and look to develop and improve allocated trades.
- Review supplier performance, suggest and implement change where necessary.
- Ensure procedures are followed at all times.
- Updating relevant systems with all import / export correspondence.
- Make sure company standards are followed.
- To work with all departments, particularly with projects that are being explored or implemented.
- Knowledge of importing and exporting goods within and outside of the EU.
- A solid understanding of customs, entries, clearances, documentation etc.
- Good knowledge of other Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Please note that mpeople recruitment can not always respond to all applicants due to the high volumes of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this as not been successful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.