28 days ago
You will work with the Head of Careers and Work Placements to deliver the College's Industry Placement programme. You will ensure that targeted students complete a meaningful & invaluable industry placement in preparation for the T-Level qualification. Working with employers, students and staff, you will develop, plan and deliver a range of resources, activities and events to identify and maximise opportunities for students to gain practical skills in safe, relevant and realistic work settings and enable them to compete in the current job market.
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. Establish creative and effective activities/processes to identify, establish, maintain and develop a network of employers offering appropriate substantial industry placements
2. Develop and deliver proactive and inspiring sessions and resources that help students prepare for industry placement and reflect meaningfully on their skills, experiences and future choices
3. Source and track meaningful and relevant industry placement opportunities for an assigned caseload of students that meet college targets and curriculum areas requirements
4. Liaise with employers and other placement providers to ensure all Industry Placements conform to College legal, health and safety and other statutory requirements
5. Build and maintain strong relationships with employers and other placement providers to ensure continued engagement and increase the number of providers working with the college in a variety of ways e.g. work experience, employability opportunities, advisory boards etc.
6. Establish events to identify and promote Industry Placement opportunities
You will be educated to at least level 3 in Information Advice and Guidance or a higher level professional qualification in a relevant subject plus a minimum of 4 GCSE including maths and English at grade C/4 or above or equivalent qualifications and have previous experience in engaging with students in the FE sector.