Radcliffe, Greater Manchester
£22000 - £25000 per annum
19 days ago
International Sales Assistant
£22,000 - £25,000
Monday - Thursday 8.30 - 17.00
Friday 8.30 - 14.00
We are currently recruiting on behalf of one of our clients based in Radcliffe. The client is looking for an International Sales Assistant to join their team and support the International Sales Manager.
Job purpose summary:
- To support, enable and enhance the successful, professional and profitable running of the company
- Supporting the International Sales Manager with regular communications to overseas customers, in particular relating to promotional plans and new product launches
- Support the Office Manager in all key responsibilities
- Ensure all orders are processed and delivered in a timely manner
- Quickly flag to line manager if any issues/obstacles are preventing export sales to be delivered
- Act as a lead point of day to day contact for International Sales Manager (home based)
- Respond quickly to all customer requests and queries
- Ensure that international sales are invoiced quickly and efficiently, and that appropriate payment and credit terms are adhered to by customers
- Completion of any Letters of Credit.
- Act as lead point of day to day export contact for all internal functions:
- Liaise with marketing/office teams for information required to allow for a prompt response to all customer queries
- Liaise with factory and operations staff to ensure that export orders are despatched on time in full.
- To support general office administrative requirements as directed by the Office Manager, including answering the telephone to ensure continued smooth running of the office.
- To provide deputising cover for other members of the office team when absent
Work based competencies:
- Competency in typing accurately and with agreed level of speed
- Competency in IT including Word, Outlook, Excel
- Understanding of IT systems
- Strong communication skills including excellent telephone manner
- Excellent note taking and message taking
- Accurate use of the electronic postal scales
- Understanding and accurately using the filing system
- Liaising with carriers
- Responsibly progressing orders in a timely manner
- Demonstrate and generate enthusiasm, Influence people positively
- Positive, 'can do' attitude
- Develop trust and respect from colleagues across the organisation
- Identify problems early and respond in a timely fashion
- Work with the team to find solutions
- Demonstrate personal drive, Positive and pro-active approach to work
- Communicate effectively (active listening, questioning, expressing self clearly and concisely)
- Contribute pro-actively, positively and professionally to formal and informal discussions with all colleagues
- Work effectively with positive conflict to generate new ideas and approaches
- Ongoing development of customer relationships through telephone and email conversations, follow up promptly
- Meet weekly with International Sales Manager to review weekly delivery and agree next week's priorities.
- Efficient and effective execution of duties within agreed time scales
- Following instructions and asking appropriate questions
- Keep an honest and clear record of your daily timekeeping
This position is office based although there may be some requirement to attend off site trade events.
Please note that Mpeople recruitment cannot always respond to all applicants due to the high volume of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this as not being successful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.