£22000 - £28000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Long term temp
PURPOSE OF POST
To provide necessary support to the IT Services Manager to ensure that the IT based equipment is running efficiently and effectively. To also ensure that hardware is maintained and adequately secured and safe and all software is fully licensed and recorded appropriately. We require an experienced network/system support technician that will be expected to perform day to day maintenance and support tasks.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide 1st, 2nd Line desk side and remote IT support
- Solve company-wide information systems problems
- Maintain security arrangements for all IT systems
- Assist with the implementation of IT solutions (hardware and software) to assist in achieving business targets
- Diagnosing and repair of faulty equipment
- Undertake network cabling adjustments to ensure all PC's and peripheral devices are connected and accessible
- Arrange for external technical support
- To maintain a list of suppliers and other sub-contractors who may be required to assist in the resolution of technical problems
- Configuration of new and replacement laptops, desktops, other hardware and phones as required
- Update IT procedures and user self-help documentation.
- Audit and monitor software licenses
- Completing internal user moves
- Produce Visual Management & employee engagement displays
- To adhere to all local/group IT policies and strategies
- Undertake and demonstrate a commitment to continued learning
- To have a flexible approach to working patterns
- Experience in supporting Microsoft based server & client operating systems
- Experience in the use of Active Directory local account support
- In depth knowledge of DNS & DHCP best practice's
- Experienced in the support of Microsoft Office 365
- Understand remote desktop support methods
- Clear understanding of network infrastructure.
- Good understanding of PC hardware, set-up and configuration
- Flexible, pro-active approach.
- Strong customer service ethos and able to work well with people
- Ability to prioritise and manage tasks
- Able to work alone or under instruction.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good written and spoken English
- Must hold a full Driving Licence and be a car owner
35hrs per week
Salary: up to 22k -28K