Halifax, West Yorkshire
£22000 - £25000 per annum
30 days ago
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, hardworking individual looking to gain experience across a range of IT disciplines. Our client is built on solid IT investment and is constantly striving to bring new technology on board to ensure that they stay at the forefront of their industry. This is an ideal chance for a motivated and hardworking individual to forge a long-term career within a friendly and expanding company.
- Support and maintain all IT solutions - hardware and software
- Maintain and develop our Internet Channel integration tool, Linnworks (desirable)
- Deal with day-to-day IT and support issues
- Liaise with third-party support to ensure effective management of Servers, Printers, Telephones etc.
- Maintain and develop our web site in partnership with our developers
- Work with colleagues to deliver solutions to IT related challenges facing the business
- Support cost reduction, efficiency, delivery and quality improvement
- Develop strategies for moving infrastructure into the cloud
- Assist with the smooth-running of our new ERP system, Apprise
- Support external sales team on iPads, Android phones and associated Apps.
- Collate regular reports using Excel and Crystal and producing and maintain automated reports
- Monitor integrated systems such as EDI & Carriers
- Ensure integrity of data, particularly for third-party applications
- Ensure daily backups are complete and verified
Person Specification & Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years IT experience.
- Initiative, work ethic and attention to detail will be highly regarded.
- Ability to work unsupervised and under pressure
- A team player
- Strong organisational skills with proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Self-motivated and ambitious
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to understand the business processes
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Methodical and take pride in the quality of your work
- Able to work as part of a close team.
- Able to prioritise tasks - juggling many things at the same time.
- Flexible in your approach - willing to take on any job.
- Willing to work extra hours if needed to maintain the IT service.
- Self-motivated - you don't need someone standing over you all of the time.
- Decision Making, Planning & Organising, Written Communications, Presentation Skills, Analytical Skills/ Problem solving
Technical Skills (essential / desirable)
- Managing Linnworks Order Management Software preferred
- Operating system knowledge - Window 7 / 10 and Windows Server 2008 / 2012 R2
- Windows administration experience - including active directory and networking
- Database languages - Microsoft SQL Server 2005 / 2012 (query and report writing), Progress
- Experience of writing SQL query for data extraction and manipulation.
- Knowledge and experience of Crystal Reports
- Programming and Scripting - VBA programming for excel macros / Powershell / Python 2.7.x / vbscript
- Microsoft Office products including Microsoft 365 / SharePoint / Teams
- Knowledge of Apple Mac hardware and software
- Telephone system and Mobile Devices - iPads and mobile phones (android)
- Client PC connectivity - Ethernet, WiFi, TCP/IP and VPN
- Exchange/ Email service
- VMware and Veeam
- Experience of supporting ERP systems
Please note that Mpeople can not always respond to all applicants due to the high volumes of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this as not been successful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.