Leeds, West Yorkshire
£24370 - £24375 per annum + subsidised canteen, staff discounts
5 months ago
37.5 hours per week
9:00am to 5:30pm
Leeds City Centre
£24,370 per annum
subsidised canteen, staff discounts
- Would you like to work in a multinational corporation with a "family feel"?
- Is career progression what you look for in your next role?
- Do you want to work for a company who cares about all of their stakeholders?
Then look no further!
We currently have an exciting opportunities for a Paralegal who will be responsible for commercial, trading and disputes.
They are currently expanding and this is an incredibly exciting time to be joining their team.
- Real career progression opportunities made available
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Staff discounts
- Fantastic learning and development team who will assist you in your journey
Responsibilities within this role will include;
Commercial and Intellectual Property
- Assisting with commercial queries and providing practical advice to the business
- Liaising with teams in the business and the external legal advisers to manage trademark portfolio
- Reviewing new product designs
- Assisting with the investigation of potential IP disputes
- Dealing with all commercial small claims including seeking instructions, drafting defences, preparing witness statements and compiling instructions to counsel
- Conducting settlement negotiations and engaging in small claims mediation
- Drafting and negotiating settlement agreements
- Assisting with legal advice on customer and colleague ad-hoc queries
- Supporting on higher value litigation, including disclosure
- Dealing with judgments, monitoring the register of judgments and enforcement
- Advising the business on the legal implications of trading matters, including GSCOP
To be successful within this role you will have the following;
- An interest in retail.
- A law degree or equivalent.
- Experience in carrying out legal (or similar) support work, either at a leading firm or in an in-house role.
- To be comfortable working as part of a close team, working independently and interacting across all levels of the business.
- A strong desire to learn and to undertake new and challenging work-streams.
- Commercial awareness.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with acute attention to detail.
- Experience of managing competing demands, and working well under pressure.
- Good drafting and presentation skills.
- Experience of using a range of IT packages to a high standard, including word processing (Microsoft Word), electronic diary and e-mail management (Microsoft Outlook), spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel) and presentations (Microsoft PowerPoint).
Please note candidates will need to be immediately available. The interview will take place in Leeds so please make sure that you are available to attend.