£25000 - £30000 per annum + plus huge benefits pack
10 months ago
Mpeople Accountancy & Finance is currently seeking an experienced Part Qualified Management Accountant for a fast paced and growing company in Nelson, Lancashire.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast paced team of 5 as a Management Accountant, supporting the Head of Financial Improvement. You will have autonomy in the role and will take ownership of the management accounts, balance sheet reconciliations and fixed asset register for this part of the business. You will be developed and will continually be challenged in the role. The offices are open plan with a vibrant culture and boasts a large canteen, outside space and the business offers many benefits to its employees.
Salary: £25-30k per annum
Hours: 37.5 p/w
Holidays: 25 days plus Bank Holidays
Benefits: Flexible hours, study support, birthday off work, Medicash, Cycle to Work scheme plus many others.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Production of monthly management accounts.
- Production of balance sheet reconciliations for areas of PL ownership.
- Production of the monthly accounts, completing variance and trend analysis to prior year, budget and forecast.
- Assist with intercompany divisional accounts, working with the finance managers to ensure all transactions have been correctly processed.
- Maintaining the Fixed assets register, ensuring costs relating to capital projects are accurately identified, capitalised and depreciated.
- Assist in the production of divisional budgets and forecasts.
- Working with the Head of Financial Improvement and management accounts team to identify and explain trends to improve the understanding of actuals and improve forecasting. In particular, the teams business analyst to improve headcount forecasting.
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-finance manager.
- Part Qualified CIMA/ACCA
- Experience with Sage accounting packages is beneficial
- Intermediate level Excel skills (VLookup, Pivot Tables etc.)
- Experience working in a Management Accountant role is required.
- Experience working as part of a large organisation with typically high volumes of transactions.
- An enquiring mind with excellent analytical, numerical and presentation skills (visually and orally).
- Adept at communicating cross department and presenting to management across the division.
- Proven ability to prioritise and proactively manage your own workload to strict deadlines.
- Driven and confident individual with a 'can-do' attitude wanting to develop their career in Management Accounting.
If you would like to apply for the role please click the link below or send your email direct to Harriett at Harriett@mpeople-recruitment.com, alternatively call 01254 660 700 to discuss further.
Please note that MPeople Recruitment cannot always respond to all applicants due to the high volume of CVs received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this as unsuccessful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.