over 1 year ago
Are you an experienced Procurement Manager and CIPS qualified? Would you like to work for a well established company who have a great culture and who really do look after their staff? If you have worked within an Industrial manufacturing/distribution company then this would be an advantage.You will also need a positive and tenacious attitude with a desire to drive the business forward. Salary is negotiable, up to £35,000 plus benefits.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Procurement of all products and services at the best commercial terms and conditions for the Company.
- Analyse inventory levels to determine and implement ways to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, and optimise customer service.
- Be responsible for the day to day interface with identified direct spend key suppliers.
- Be responsible and accountable for the achievement of year on year cost reduction targets on all procured products and services.
- Assist the business teams in the timely and cost competitive formulation of requests for quotation (RFQ) for new customer prospects.
- Ensure effective and commercially competitive sources of supply necessary to complete timely customer RFQ responses aligned to customer prospect expectations for domestic and export customer prospects.
- Formulate, develop and maintain a system of supplier performance metrics which cover as a minimum: cost, quality and delivery.
- Implement selected price benchmarking analysis to determine supplier competitiveness on both direct and indirect spend categories.
- Ongoing and proactive assessment of currency and raw material trends in relation to key supplier products and sources of supply to negotiate advantageous terms.
- Effectively challenging price increases, notified shipment costs and negotiating price variations with suppliers.
- Visit identified new suppliers as required.
- Produce spend and inventory KPI reporting and trends to senior management.
Job Skills and Competencies Required:
- Minimum 5 years in a Procurement Supervisory or Management role necessary.
- Experience of effective sourcing from regions outside of the UK.
- Previous successful and demonstrable achievement of cost reduction targets.
- Strong self starter and a passion for continuous improvement.
- Excellent all round IT skills and experience of introducing new work processes.
- Qualified to CIPS Advanced Diploma standard or better (or equivalent) a distinct advantage.
- Strong communication skills – inter personal and written.
- Demonstrable competitive and tenacious attitude to the requirements of the role.
22 days holiday, increasing to 27 with loyalty, healthcare, pension, on site parking and working a 37.5 hour week.