£230 - £250 per day
4 months ago
Mpeople Accountancy & Finance are currently assisting a key client with the recruitment of a Project Payroll Manager on a contract basis, based in Bristol. The initial contract will last for 3-6 months with a chance of extension. The contract is paying up to £250 per day.
Job Title - Project Payroll Manager
Salary - up to £250 a day
Duration - 3 - 6 months
My client is looking for a highly experienced Payroll Manager who is available at short notice.
You will report into the Head of Payroll and will be responsible for supporting the Payroll Standardisation initiative reviewing several payrolls across the business, along with documenting procedures and mapping specifics of manual processes.
- Using process mapping, define the activities involved in the payroll manual processes (generally, absence processing) for each of the companies payrolls
- Develop a standard template and produce working processing documents showing the specifics of the individual payroll
- Working with the Payroll Support Manager to identify where processes can be standardised making recommendation regarding risk, practicality, steps required and timescale to manage the change.
- Produce stakeholder review deck and manage regular stakeholder meetings.
- Review all UK payrolls and advise on any changes were necessary
- Support the Head of Payroll
- Review processing documents and create and implement new processes when required
- Write new process documents for several payrolls across the UK
- Document the new processes, ensuring these can be used as an aid for current and future staff with links to training materials as appropriate.
- Support and assist with possible efficiencies with in the Payroll department
- Provide a professional, first class, consistent and effective project management service
- Participate in the embedding of project change to ensure changes in process are embedded within operation
- Consistently consider control and the cost of control when formulating and embedding new processes
- Identify training needs across the operation, work with managers to embed learning with the post holder and contribute to their personal development
- Travel around the UK to other sites when required
- Ad hoc duties required by Head of Payroll
In order to succeed you will need to have several years previous experience at a managerial level within a Payroll department, your experiences will include:
- Strong background in managing payrolls
- Previous Payroll Project experience
- Able to manage stakeholder engagement
- Excellent communication skills
- In depth of knowledge of payroll activities
- Relevant successful experience in project management
- Demonstrates a high level of drive
- Tenacity to overcome obstacles
- Commercial and financial understanding and knowledge
- CIPP qualified (desirable)
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK when required to other sites
Please note this is a contract job for an initial 3 - 6 months , the job will involve travel across the UK but the main office will be based in Bristol. The job is for an immediate start, please contact Aaron directly on 0161 622 9890 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that MPeople recruitment can not always respond to all applicants due to the high volume of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this as not been successful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.