Rochdale, Greater Manchester
7 months ago
Position: Purchase Planner
We are currently working on behalf of one of our clients who are looking for a Purchase Planner to join their team. In this role you will be responsible for the forecasting and stock management of a profile of products and suppliers to ensure customer demand can be met working within company budgets and stock targets. Managing quality issues with suppliers and re-acting to customer demand accordingly.
- Forecasting and stock management for a portfolio of products / suppliers
- Set up and maintain min/max stock levels
- Place and expedite purchase orders
- Review slow moving/excess/obsolete stock and identify options for clearance etc
- Placing bulk orders with suppliers
- Management of stock take process with external suppliers
- Manage and monitor the movement of stocks between suppliers and ensure sufficient stocks are available to meet forecast demands
- Ensure monthly budget spend is adhered
- Monitor relevant actions on the critical path to ensure deadlines are met
- Ensure product costs on the system are accurate and include all relevant costings including freight & duty
- Import Duty/Freight calculations
- Obtain costs for any airfreight & LCL shipments obtaining the relevant authorisation.
- Manage container deliveries in line with warehouse capacity
- Arrange and manage the shipment of goods from various suppliers
- General administration
- Liaise with Group Fabric Technologist
- Liaising with suppliers regarding quality issues until resolved
- Ensure packing specifications are set-up and issued to suppliers
- Raise and resolve claims with relevant suppliers and issue debit notes accordingly
- Ensure bulk submits are approved before shipment is arranged
- Possess a smart appearance and professional approach to the job
- Excellent I.T skills with particular emphasis on excel.
- Having previous experience with Textiles would be an advantage.
- Have previous experience in a demand planning role
- Clear communicator both orally and written
- Flexible, able to work under pressure and manage a number of priorities effectively
- Happy to travel if so required