Wythenshawe, Greater Manchester
4 months ago
Mpeople Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Purchasing Coordinator on behalf of our client based near Wyhthenshawe.
PLEASE NOTE this is a fixed term contract to cover maternity - our client is looking for somebody to cover this role until September 2020.
This is a great opportunity to take on a varied and fast-paced role within a well-established company.
Duties of the Purchasing Coordinator will include:
- Determining what stock to purchase and scheduling it's arrival
- Dealing with all delivery paperwork and producing Goods inward notes
- Inputting stock onto the system
- Working out transit charges to be included on stock costs, to then determine sell prices/special contract pricing
- Daily reviews of stock reports
- Keeping all stock records updated with levels, prices etc
- Communicating on a daily basis with Suppliers, here in the UK, Far East and Europe
- Attending regular Purchasing meetings and following up with any tasks that arise
- Firefighting each day with any stock/delivery/purchase issues that arise
- Purchasing packaging and deciding on new boxes/stock that are needed for the warehouse/distribution
- Daily use of Excel, Outlook, Word & internal systems
- Arranging & attending Supplier meetings to keep contact on a regular basis
- Searching & replenishing stock levels with existing and new parts
- Other general office and administrative duties as required
Our client are looking for a strong administrator that also has exceptional communication skills. Due to the nature of the role our client are also looking for a proactive and organised individual that possesses great prioritisation skills.
To be considered for this role it is essential that you have some experience within the ordering/purchasing of materials/goods.
Please note that our client are looking for somebody to start ASAP in order to have a strong handover period before the Purchasing Buyer leaves the business for maternity leave in November.
Please note that Mpeople Recruitment cannot always respond to all applicants due to the high volume of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this has not been successful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.