Halifax, West Yorkshire
£19000 - £21000 per annum
2 months ago
We have an excellent opportunity for a Purchasing Coordinator to join a thriving company based in Halifax. This company have been established for over 30 years and retained the family feel to the business.
·To assist in the purchasing of all materials, goods and services to ensure in line with the relevant documentation and to meet customer order requirements
- To the correct quality standards/ specification / best price.
- To maintain or improve prices via effective negotiation.
- To ensure that deliveries are on time to assist in future sales.
- In a timely manner that's in line with productions expectations.
- The correct initial spec is generated and sent out with the order.
- To ensure that the information in the system is correct at all times.
·To place Purchase Orders according to the purchase requisition or customer contract
- Ensure Purchase orders are confirmed and receiving sales confirmation with 48 hours.
- Ensure the sales confirmation have been checked /signed within the same day.
·To manage orders according to customers requirement/ specification.
·To liaise with the marketing department & the supplier to ensure label artwork is supplied on time.
·To determine Customer requirements before shipping of the product (e.g. red seal samples, gold seal samples, packaging artwork, inspections, pre-shipment images)
·To ensure customer's deadlines are met and approvals are sought before shipment is released
·To co-ordinate with suppliers / partners ensuring that the stock meets the quality required.
·To arrange for samples to be produced, keeping an up-to-date sample log and tidy sample area to ensure samples can be located when needed.
·To ensure all above information is updated in the purchasing electronic management system
·To organise, follow-up and monitor the logistics of all Purchase Orders until goods are delivered as per order requirements
·Any issues (delay, pricing, quality, volume) to be communicated to the Purchasing team leader
·To manage, check and authorise all relevant documentation i.e. invoices, certificates, etc. ensuring full traceability of the products and adhering to set standards
·To update systems, ensuring all processes are documented
·To provide all necessary documentation accompanying the stock
·To maintain relations with current suppliers to the highest levels.
·To liaise with suppliers to resolve any outstanding queries and issues
.To work alongside the purchasing team leader to create new stock codes within the purchasing electronic management system