£30000 - £40000 per annum
10 months ago
Mpeople Accountancy & Finance are currently seeking a qualified Accountant with Fixed Asset Experience to join a global retail brand based in Blackburn.
Following continued rapid growth, the Group has an exciting opportunity for a Group Fixed Assets Accountant to support the Group Fixed Asset Manager within the expanding Group Finance team based in Blackburn.
This role involves shared responsibility for the accounting and reporting of fixed assets, working with multiple stakeholders across the business and supporting the Group Fixed Assets Manager in producing capex analysis for the Board and the Group Commercial Team.
Key tasks and Required Skills
- Involvement in all aspects of fixed asset accounting (record to report) across multiple regions and over €1bn of fixed assets. Including an awareness and understanding of invoice processing and month end processing in SAP
- Working with the Group Fixed Assets Assistant to ensure assets are created correctly in SAP and invoices booked accurately
- Ensuring integrity of underlying fixed asset records and registers.
- Close liaison with the business on key capex activities/projects.
- Supporting the Group Fixed Asset Manager with developing and maintaining standardised processes and controls across the Group.
- Supporting the monitoring of CAPEX spend across the group (e.g. actual CAPEX spend vs budget, etc)
- Involvement in the development of regular reporting to senior management to support effective decision making through quality analysis, insight and advice.
- Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA)
- Experience of working within a finance team or within practice
- Comfortable and experienced user of excel
- Time management and multi-tasking of multiple priorities essential
- Ability to adapt to a fast pace working environment
- Strong rapport building skills
- The ability to communicate and work with senior management and accounts payable colleagues
- Experience of SAP R3 and SAP S4
- Experience of working in an international business
- Experience of working in a capital intensive business
- Experience of month end accounting/Fixed Asset Accounting
- German/Dutch/Italian language skills would help but are not essential
If you would like to apply for this role, please click the link below or contact Aaron Conneran on 0161 622 9899 to discuss further.
Please note that MPeople recruitment can not always respond to all applicants due to the high volume of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this as not been successful.
Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.