Oldham, Greater Manchester
£23000 - £25000 per annum + plus benefits
7 months ago
Mpeople Accountancy & Finance is currently seeking a Purchase and Sales Ledger Clerk to join a well-established and fast paced company based in Oldham. Working in the Accounts team and reporting to the Financial Controller, you will complete end to end Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger tasks.
The business operates globally and there is a fast-paced nature to the role in a busy work environment. Working in a team of 5, you will have full autonomy for the sales and purchase ledgers using Sage.
Salary: Up to £25k
Holidays: 22 days plus bank holidays rising to 25 with service
- Process and match invoices to system approved purchase orders
- Respond to any supplier queries promptly and professionally
- Process Supplier credit notes
- Prepare and maintain list of payments promised to suppliers to ensure included on relevant payment run
- Send out remittance advise slips to suppliers
- Checking and reconciliation of supplier statements received to identify and request outstanding invoices from suppliers within 5 days of month end
- Ensure purchase ledger is as up to date as possible at month end
- Process sales invoices
- Reconcile and maintain sales ledger records
- Analyse aged debtors and investigate discrepancies
- Process customer bank receipts daily
- Process customer refunds daily
- Process weekly debtors report, send to managers to reconcile/investigate discrepancies
- Assist with the month end procedures and any other finance tasks according to current needs
- A minimum of 2 years working in purchase and sales ledger
- Good IT skills in Excel - use of Pivot Tables and Vlookups will be necessary
- Understanding and experience of electronic purchase order approvals
- Ability to work independently on own initiative and hit the ground running
- Great interpersonal and communications skills
- Good team working skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels and build good relationships with suppliers and ciustomers
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Experience using Sage would be advantageous
If you would like to apply for the role please click the link below or send your email direct to Harriett at Harriett@mpeople-recruitment.com, alternatively call 01254 660 700 to discuss further.
Please note that MPeople Recruitment cannot always respond to all applicants due to the high volume of CVs received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response within 5 working days please accept this as unsuccessful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.