Leeds, West Yorkshire
Up to £10.93 per hour + Other Excellent Benefits
about 1 month ago
Leeds, LS1. £10.93 per hour.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the sustainable business team of one of the worlds leading supermarkets. This team are involved in helping the business adapt to the changing requirements in sustainability with particular focus on waste.
As zero waste assistant you will play an important part of the team, with particular emphasis on stores, depots engagement, data management and collation.
Ideally, you will have an interest, experience or qualification in this field, along with strong data recording, customer communication skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. The role will be pivotal to the effectiveness of this team.
So, what does the role include?
You will work on the sustainability strategy to help this global leader adapt to regulatory and other changes through supporting the wider team to manage the relationship with the sustainability sector. You will be heavily involved with and relied upon to:
- Coordinate waste and charity donation
- Data collection and keep up to date reporting spread sheets
- Communicate with suppliers, stores and depots on a daily basis
- Coordinate and arrange charity collections
- Answer store queries
- Assist other broader team projects
What do you need to apply?
As Sustainability Assistant, this business requires an organised individual with good attention to detail and a commercial appreciation. You may possess the following skills:
- Commercial appreciation
- Strong reporting skills
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- A self-motivated individual who continuously strives to professionally improve
- A team player with a positive can do attitude
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Organised with good time management skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise a varied work load with daily, weekly and monthly tasks
If you think this role is for you and would like to be considered, please apply now with an up to date CV.
As an agency, we are currently conducting online / over the phone registrations, and to progress further with this opportunity you will be required to register with mpeople. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions.