Elland, West Yorkshire
£37000 - £40000 per annum
14 days ago
Salary: Up to £40,000
Pension: 6% employer, 5% employee, 28 days holiday (including statutory), death in service 3x annual salary.
Location: Elland, Halifax
Due to retirement our client based in Elland is currently looking to recruit a Workshop Manager who can lead a team and drive performance. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join a thriving organisation that offers excellent career progression. The company offer a competitive salary as well as company benefits.
To manage the overall performance of the Workshop both financially and operationally including all Workshop staff & Technicians associated with both the business workstreams via their relative Team Leaders.
To ensure work is carried out promptly, efficiently and to the correct standard / specification in order to meet the target dates provided in a proactive and efficient manner whilst ensuring all resource is utilised and managed effectively.
To ensure that all Company processes relative to the Workshop and all paperwork is completed in a daily, progressive, accurate and prompt manner.
The Workshop Manager is responsible for:
- The on-going daily tasking, productivity and efficiency of the Workshop staff allocated via both the business Work Stream leads
- Prioritisation and efficient management of work primarily within the workshop, paint-shop (or at customer's site, if appropriate)
- Ensuring the daily, prompt, correct completion and retention of repair and maintenance documents for vehicles worked upon by the respective team members.
- Ensuring that the quality and completeness of work undertaken within the Workshop is both to the required standard and specification. This includes ensuring a documented final inspection is carried out as appropriate relative to both quality level and specification of work.
- Liaison with the Business Departments as required to undertake the job task.
- Overseeing the requisitioning and progressing where appropriate of parts through liaison with the Parts Dept. to ensure tasks are undertaken as required in a scheduled, efficient prompt manner.
- Ensuring that each vehicle job-sheet is correctly and accurately completed and processed to reflect all work undertaken including labour hours, parts and ancillary costs with all completed job paperwork processed the same day.
- Monitoring, managing and progressing all tasks within the Work In Progress area relative to the Workshop
- Liaising with the business Health & Safety Officer to ensure all workshop equipment and tools are maintained, calibrated and tested as required.
- Managing all workshop waste in line with current Company protocols & regulations.
- Providing and maintaining a safe, clean and efficient engineering environment and work area.
- Adherence to Company and Workshop ISO Quality procedures and protocols.
- Recruitment as and when approved / required.
- Apprentice development.
Standard of Performance:
- To maintain and develop current processes and procedures to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and fiscal performance of the workshop.
- To maintain a high standard of customer service at all times.
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the purpose of this job.
Please note that Mpeople can not always respond to all applicants due to high volumes of CV's received on a daily basis. Should you not receive a response with in 5 working days please accept this as not been successful. Mpeople wish you all the best in your job search.